One of the more popular versions of Blackjack is a gamed called Spanish 21. The game is very popular among US players and it has become one of the main stays in land and online casinos. The game is played a little differently from the regular blackjack and donít worry you donít need to speak Espanola to play. The only difference is that the tens are removed from the deck of cards, and all face cards remain neutral meaning they have no value. Spanish 21 Goal to beat the dealer or get 21 with their cards. It differs from Blackjack as there are no 10 cards and face cards have no value.
Slots.lv Casino - Best Blackjack Casino, Accepts All US Players, $1,000 Sign Up Bonus!
Ignition Titan - Accepts All USA Players, Seven Variations of Blackjack + $1,000 Bonus!
How To Play Spanish 21
- 21 is usually played with six or eight decks from a shuffling machine.. It is played with 48-card Spanish decks, which are standard 52card decks with the 4 ten cards taken out. All face cards have the same values as in blackjack.
- Like in regular blackjack, the dealer will hit on 16 and can stand on 17. In other casinos, the dealers can hit on a soft 17, though most venues have the dealer stand on soft 17.
- Insurance pays out at 2:1, just like in regular Blackjack. Even though there are four fewer ten cards in the deck. That means that the chance of the dealer getting a Blackjack when showing an Ace is only 25%.
- Player can hit, stand as if they were playing regular Blackjack and players can spit to a maximum of four hands even on aces.
- Once the cards are dealt and the dealer is showing an Ace or face card they are able to peek underneath the hole card to check for a blackjack. If he the house has blackjack all players automatically lose. If players have a Blackjack as well they win and get paid 3:2.
- The removal of the four tens will give the player a 2% advantage to the dealer. With optimal play, the house edge of a Spanish 21 game is lower than that of a regular blackjack game following the same rules on hitting or standing on soft 17.
One exciting feature is that if players receive 21 they have the option of getting paid more then a regular blackjack depending on their hand. See below: 5 Cards pays 3:2, 6 Cards pays 2:1, 7 cards plays 3:1. Also having the same suit with 6, 7 and 8 cards will pay out at a higher rate.
Spanish 21 has the option of splitting any cards of equal value, even the aces, to create a max of 4 hands fro one player. Players will have the choice of hitting and doubling on any split hand. The Bonus 21 is paid out on split hands, but split hands void the Super Bonus.
Spanish 21 has rule called late surrender. A late surrender is another rule that helps the odds of the player. If a player doesn't like the first two cards dealt, they have the option of surrendering and forfeiting half of their original bet.
Players are allowed to double down once on any two or more cards, with any total, even after splitting. Spanish 21 is a real fun game to play at the casinos and especially online. US players have really taken to this game over the years and you will always see a line up at the tables. Players can play Spanish 21 at any of the online casinos listed on this site. All you have to do is click on a link and claim your free bonus cash.